Ecotech Marine VorTech MP40w ES Generation 2 - Air Pump
The VorTech is beautiful and designed with simplicity in mind.
A magnetic couple transmits motion through your aquarium glass and clamps the assembly against your tank. This means you won't have to drill your aquarium, and that you can easily reposition the pump somewhere else in the aquarium without having to move around complicated and awkward brackets.
The VorTech is the smallest propeller pump on the market when you consider how little space it occupies inside the aquarium.
The motor is outside of the aquarium, meaning the VorTech may be positioned where it will be least visible.
The VorTech is elegantly discreet both in and outside your aquarium.
The VorTech produces from 500 to 3,000 gallons per hour of low velocity gentle water current.
The flow is so impressive and broad, that it actually creates an undertow along your sand bed. You will notice an equal amount of flow going out of your pump as you will see going back into it!
Moreover, because the flow pattern is so wide, there is no reason to direction the flow, simply place the pump on the back or sides of your aquarium and flow will be created throughout the whole tank.
The VorTech is one of the most efficient pumps on the market, and the new MP40W model is even more so, consuming only 28 watts to produce 3000 gallons per hour.
More importantly, all of the heat put out from the motor is outside of your aquarium, meaning you won't have to invest in costly chillers to keep your tank cool.
Battery Backup Accessory
The VorTech Battery Backup will power one pump for up to 30 hours or two pumps for 15 hours each.
Alternatively, multiple battery backups can plugged in to each other to provide even more run time during a power outage. There is no other product that detects an outage and provides as much insurance for so little money.
Every MP40W model VorTech pump is wave controllable right out of the box!
With our new Wireless Wave Driver, the VorTech pump can act autonomously to create waves in your aquarium, or can be synched with other pumps in the tank to create random and pulsing movements. When any one pump is entered into feed mode, the pump will signal all other VorTech pumps to shut down, eliminating the time required for you to turn off each pump individually.
No other pump on the market can even compare to the intelligence of the VorTech pump.Specifications
Flow: 500-3000 gallons per hour
Power Consumption: 9-28 watts
Maximum Motor Temperature:50-60 degrees Celsius
Aquarium Wall Thickness Range:3/16"-3/4"
Appropriate Tank Size Range:20-500+ gallons
Dimensions:Wet Side- 3" diameter by 2.25" long, Dry Side- 3" diameter by 2.25" long
Clearance Needed Behind Aquarium: 3"
New features for the MP40w Gen 2 include:
- A new Long Pulse Mode allows for wave pulse timings of between 2 and 60 seconds, enabling the creation of slow alternating flow throughout the tank.
- A new Night Mode enables the pump to operate for 14 hours in whichever mode is selected for the day and go back to Night Mode for 10 hours.
- Master pumps will tell their slaves to go into Night Mode as well.
- Pump Disconnect feature that automatically shuts down the pump if the dry and wet sides become separated.
Enhancements to existing modes include:
- Feed Mode has been slowed from 1000gph to 500gph to make it easier than ever to spot feed corals and slow moving fish with the push of a button.
- A modified range of adjustment for Short Pulse Mode makes it easier to fine tune wave form.
- A novel save function for Pulse Mode enables users to save their wave settings, providing an even higher level of customization.
- A more sporadic Reef Crest Mode for both single pump systems and multi pump systems enables more pronounced speed changes constantly throughout the day.
- A more sporadic Lagoon Mode for both single pump systems and multi pump systems provides enhanced variability to better simulate a lagoon environment.
|Dimensions (L x W x H)
|15 x 15 cm total
|Flow Rate (lph)
|2200 - 13600
|Powerhead Pump Type