Please see our dispatch and delivery announcement related to Coronavirus and how it affects dispatch times. Thank you for shopping with Warehouse Aquatics.

Cart:

0 item(s) - £0.00
You have no items in your shopping cart.
Countdown to next dispatch:
days, ::

More Views

Arcadia T5 Tube Light Double Electronic Controller - 24W to 39W

Need help with your aquarium lighting size or type?

See our handy aquarium lighting guide (opens in a new window)

View Aquarium Lighting Guide

Quick Overview

A new electronic fluorescent lighting controller range from Arcadia incorporating a waterproof (IP67...

Availability: In stock ready for dispatch

£63.99
You could receive 10 Bubble Points for writing a review and/or rating this product.
£63.99

Details

A new electronic fluorescent lighting controller range from Arcadia incorporating a waterproof (IP67) plastic housing, with integral mains switch and indicator, ULTRA SEAL IP67 lamp leads and two types of mounting clips for flexibility of installation.

• Long mains lead for easy mounting
  • Power switch on controller body
  • Independent lamp circuits if one lamp fails the other will continue to run
  • Range of models for twin T8 lamps and single and twin T5 lamps  
  • 2m Ultra Seal lamp leads

This model can run the following lamp types: 24w T5 550mm - 39w T5 850mm - 24w J5 438mm - 28w J5 590mm - 35w J5 742mm

Additional Information

Brand Arcadia
Barcode 844046004260
MPN ACE2U5
Tube Length 438mm / 17.2", 550mm / 22", 850mm / 34"
Wattage 24W, 39W

Customer Reviews

10 Item(s)

per page
brilliant for a planted tank Review by joeseph
Price
Satisfaction
Quality
Value
i really wanted a planted aquarium after seeing numerous picturesque photos of breath taking aquascapes. i wanted to try it for my self. after researching i found out that high lighting is basically a necessity. this controller was just what i needed to up my light levels. best price on the market for money saving t5 light bulbs. my plant growth has been amazing. very easy to put in and use. they are of a very high quality also. (Posted on 10/08/2014)
Great Controller unit for 24-39 w Review by Stanislavs
Satisfaction
Quality
Value
Price
Great item. Doubled my lightings in an instant. Unfortunately managed to damage light tube pins when first as they appeared very fragile. Now use this controller in my marine tank with exelent stable results (Posted on 28/12/2013)
Product works well but very fiddly Review by Nick
Satisfaction
Quality
Value
Price
I brought this product to add more light to my Trigon 190 marine tank. I added the lights under the lid flaps, 1 x 28w and 1 x 24 w at the back. When used ic combination with the original trigon ballast it make the tank much more brighter. The one major problem is when tightning the plastic seal to cover the tube, it's quite hard and can sometimes risk the pins of the tube being damaged, so be careful. (Posted on 28/08/2013)
exactly what I needed! Review by dave
Satisfaction
Quality
Value
Price
I bought this as an addition to the already existing lights in my tank. they are fantastic and instalment was so simple. the only negative is that the two different bulbs cant be controlled seperately. (Posted on 11/07/2013)
Top quality product Review by Richard
Price
Satisfaction
Quality
Value
Purchased for my 220litre planted aquarium and used in conjunction with 2 x T5 plant pro tubes. Provides the start up power required to use higher watt T5 lights. It's well built and worth every penny, I have been running this system for several months now and no problems. Would highly recommend. Thanks WH aquatics! (Posted on 24/01/2013)
Great for Converting Lighting Unit Review by Paul
Price
Satisfaction
Quality
Value
I bought this to replace the T8 lights on my Fluval Roma 125 as I wanted to start keeping corals and my lighting gave up for unknown reasons, I have to say it was so simple to convert using this unit, I don’t know why I put if off for so long, very good quality (Posted on 24/08/2012)
Great additional lighting Review by sarah
Satisfaction
Quality
Value
Price
for 50 quid you can add a whole other layer to your lighting! very cheap and great performer (Posted on 27/03/2012)
Good price but dont forget the extra's Review by robert
Price
Satisfaction
Quality
Value
I bought one of these before I settled for the D&D Razor 39w unit, these are great little units and the price is amazing however you must remember that what you see is what you get. After you add up the cost of bulbs reflectors and the cost to mount you could have bought an all in one sealed unit. It is a great unit mind and when you have a custom built tank it makes life alot easier as you can just screw this into the wood directly! Overall great price from WA and always great service!! These are still double the price in many shops!!!! (Posted on 13/03/2012)
Good aquarium lighting Review by AquaMan
Satisfaction
Quality
Value
Price
I was deciding whether to buy T5 or T8. After speaking with a helpful rep from warehouse aquatics T5 seemed the better choice. I'm glad I followed the recommendation. The controller does the job and the tubes give a nice colour. T5 tubes are smaller and more compact. A critique I have, similar to some other reviews, is that it would be good to have two switches to power the tubes independantly. But then again, thats the design. Also, when tightning the plastic seal to cover the tube, it's quite hard and can sometimes risk the pins of the tube being damaged. I guess this is more down to practice, but I recommend you hold both the tube and socket firmly when tightening the seals. (Posted on 21/02/2012)
a solid piece of kit. but it could be better... Review by Rav
Satisfaction
Quality
Value
Price
this is the first such controller i've purchased, so i dont have anything beyond tank-ready balasts to comprare it to. what i will say though is that if each of the individual lamp holdings came with its own on/off switch, this product's utlility would be doubled in an instant. another significant improvment - assuming its technically possible - would be if the wattage range could be increased to range from 24-54w. otherwise, a solid and sturdy piece of kit.

[WA STAFF NOTE: Unfortunately it is not possible to control tubes individually on any shared controller that shares a single ballast. Also sadly all T5 ballast units are rated for a specific wattage. This is very much a limitation of how the technology works, not a specific choice any manufacturer makes] (Posted on 03/01/2012)

10 Item(s)

per page

Write Your Own Review

Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register

Postage Information

Get an Exact quote for delivery...

Add the items you would like to purchase to the shopping cart and then head to the checkout cart. Here you can pop your postcode into the form and it will automatically calculate for you delivery options and cost.

Orders over £30 are Delivered FREE!

Providing none of the items in your order require pallet delivery or are excluded from delivery promotions, we will give you free standard delivery. You can still upgrade this service if you wish, and will only pay the difference.

Bulk items requiring Pallet delivery are different...

Certain items, such as glass aquariums & large cabinets, require special handling and must be sent out on a pallet, this is at a cost starting from £19.99 on some pallet deliveries depending on location. We don't offer free pallet delivery unfortunately (unless stated) due to the delicate nature of the glass aquariums and insurance required to transport.

We will contact any pallet delivery purchase before dispatch to arrange a suitable delivery date for you to receive the goods. We will not dispatch a aquarium pallet delivery until we have booked a delivery date with you the customer.

Note that the pallet delivery service is a drop at kerb only service, the drivers are not insured to handle goods into homes and you are required to dispose of the pallet.

© 2019 Warehouse Aquatics. All Rights Reserved.